Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 7:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 9:34 am 
Walleye Fingerling

Hi all. Thought I'd give a shore fishermen's report from the Napanee dock. Saw a few walleye down from the falls. Looked like they were still in spawning mode. Any boats coming into the dock seemed to be only catching pike + perch. There was a fair bit of fish activity at the dock. Sheepshead + I think carp were swimming around. Two guys beside me caught 2 nice walleye jacks, maybe in the 2 lb range. One guy hooked a carp by the tail, so that was entertaining watching him land it. Myself I caught 2 small gobys[bad news] that are now dead[good news] + a smallmouth maybe 3/4 lbs. Most fish were caught between 7-9PM. Yellow jig heads were what was interesting the walleye. Thought you might be interested in any kind of report, as they seem in short supply on here. "Good fishin", Al

Post subject: Walleye at Napanee R.
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 11:35 am 
Baitfish

Hello Zif
I hope you read this very important message in time for tonites fish off the dock. Use a flourescent orange jointed rapala and just keep casting. Just befor dark. Both sides of the river, anywhere with current. Please let me know how u do.
Good luck, Wulf

banner ad
 Post subject: the dock
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 1:30 pm 
Walleye Angler

The most consistent fisherman I have known on the Napanee R. used to fish from the shore in that and other areas on the river. He is a Vietnamese fellow, and boy oh boy I sure wish he would have had a crack at fishing against any of the Bay of Quinte tournament fellows (my money would be on him as he would kick most if not all butts). He was a great fisherman that now lives in the Ottawa area.

Hey Wulf......are there any ocean run brown trout off of the Cowichan R. that you know of? I understand that there is a resident river population, and have been curious about this recently. Also.....have you caught any stray Atlantic salmon on Van. Island? Just curious.

And Ziffel....shouldn't you be fishing about 120 yds. away from that area? Perhaps it was busy, or perhaps that is where you were.

Regards
Don Stokes

banner ad
 Post subject: Don Stokes
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 10:04 pm 
Baitfish

Browns I know of are not sea run and mostly found in Cowichan above the falls and into Lake Cowichan. Have not heard of Atlantics here but they have shown in significant #,s in Washington. Was out there last week
lots of small dolly varden.
Wulf

banner ad
 Post subject: Re: the dock
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 12:50 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

[quote="Don Stokes"]The most consistent fisherman I have known on the Napanee R. used to fish from the shore in that and other areas on the river. He is a Vietnamese fellow, and boy oh boy I sure wish he would have had a crack at fishing against any of the Bay of Quinte tournament fellows (my money would be on him as he would kick most if not all butts). He was a great fisherman that now lives in the Ottawa area.

Was this Quong (sp) by chance? If so, he was a hell of a guy and was quite a salmon fisher too. I pretty much grew up on the good ole Napanee River.

Any fish biting there lately? I'm thinking of heading down for old time sake and hopefully a fish or two.

CHEERS!

banner ad
banner ad