Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Wed Sep 25, 2024 12:23 pm
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:17 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Friends of mine fished the Moira river at Thrashers Corners on Saturday and as they decided to pack it up for the day they ran into another boater with a batch of dead batteries. Assisted the boater and they both made their way to the ramp. The boater with the battery issues went to his truck and noticed gas pooling from the underside of his truck and upon further inspection noticed it was still pouring out of the tank from a hole the diameter of a pen. Quick thinking from the other anglers, one of which threw the chap a rubber worm that plugged the hole enough to stem the leak. They figured the brain surgeons that did it were probably hiding in the trees and not too far away and its just as well they weren't caught in the act because my guess is they wouldn't have fared too well had they been. I get that times are tough for many or maybe someone was trying to send a message but I have to ask myself what kind of "Retard" does it take to pull a dangerous stunt such as this????? Stories like this are starting to pile up and it is quite disturbing to say the least. I guess its best to park where the crowds are as the odds of becoming a statistic are lessened in numbers.

Ass Monkey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:29 am 
Walleye Wisdom

What some people need is a good old ass whuppin. I say bring back lawn darts. It would eliminate some of these window lickers.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:35 am 
Site Admin

jeez that sucks. When I was a kid we did our share of stupid stuff but today it seems mild compared to reading stories like this.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:19 am 
Baitfish

rtkman wrote:
What some people need is a good old ass whuppin. I say bring back lawn darts. It would eliminate some of these window lickers.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

A little Darwinisim could go a long way these days.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:43 am 
Walleye Angler

Probably some punk kids or an older disgruntled person with a obvious brain defect...you know the ones i'm talking about...

Simply find them, and a swift kick or punch to the teeth would suffice, and simply drive away. Much better than calling the cops, and them going through the whole judicial system rigamarol.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:49 pm 
Guppy

DanElliot wrote:
jeez that sucks. When I was a kid we did our share of stupid stuff but today it seems mild compared to reading stories like this.

Was thinking the same thing Dan..... when fishing the Lower Niagara in the winter for bows and Browns... ya want to get there early so you can park right at the ramp... if you have to park on the second lot ..up the hill, they will break into your car , or at the least damage it....sad

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:36 am 
Jumbo Perch

Someone did this to my brother-in-laws truck about 2 months ago. He has a gravel laneway and insurance paid to have the whole thing dug up and relaid for a few grand. They said that because gas was now in the gravel best to dig it down about 6 feet or so and redo the entire area, I think around 1000 square feet. It was good to see they spared no expense to ensure no contamination in the ground, but all because some idiot was bored.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:41 pm 
Walleye Angler

Last time I fished at O'brians bridge. It was sweltering out so I left my windows open a crack. When I came back someone thought it would be funny to put a total of 6 frogs in my SUV through the cracks. I didn't discover this till I was driving on the highway and they started jumping around. Sounds like a harmless prank but it startled me so much I just about list control when one jumped on me . Not out if fear, just total surprise. My windows were all slimed up for the frogs trying to escape the heat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:33 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

lol that's funny actually ;)

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 4

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:02 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

I was at Deseronto lot this week, some kind fella syphoned some gas out of my tank, about a quarter tank. Least he didn't drill a hole in it!! They never put the gas cap back on tight enough and my engine light came on, plus I only got 335k out of a tank when I uasually get 600k.
Ballsy really!!
teppy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:20 am 
Walleye Angler

teppy wrote:
I was at Deseronto lot this week, some kind fella syphoned some gas out of my tank, about a quarter tank. Least he didn't drill a hole in it!! They never put the gas cap back on tight enough and my engine light came on, plus I only got 335k out of a tank when I uasually get 600k.
Ballsy really!!
teppy

Unreal.