Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Tue Sep 24, 2024 4:30 pm
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Crotch Lake Info
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:30 pm 
Walleye

Heading up to Crotch Lake (just north of Sharbot Lake) next week-end and I was hoping that someone would be able to offer me up some advice. I know the water levels drop way down in the fall to feed the dams. Does anyone know the current levels or areas I should be looking for big bass or walleye :?:

I fish the lake in the spring so I know my way around, but the fall fish has always stummped me.

Thanks in advance for any help :!:

Post subject: Re: Crotch Lake Info
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:00 pm 
Walleye

Made it to Crotch last week-end for three days of fishing...Fishing was tough but found them all over the lake. Lot of bass in the 2.5 pound range. All but one were taken off green Senko baits. Most bass were in weed/rock lines in 5 fow. We got the odd one off rocky points over deep water. Lots of small perch off worm harnesses. Pike were taken off all the biats and caught not as the target fish. We did not get any walleye...but saw lots being brought in. Talking with the guys most were caught with lead core (5 colors) over 70 fow. We did see lots of people jigging in 20' or so also.

The water is about six lower than the spring. If you have a map take 6' off the markings. Water temp was around 64F.

Post subject: Re: Crotch Lake Info
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:09 pm 
Walleye Angler

thanks for the info I am heading there at the end of the month, hopefully the walleye move up as the temp drops and the daylight hrs diminish, if not I will have to pretend Iam on Quinte and break out the trolling gear.