Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 12:40 pm
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Fall walleye charters
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 8:52 am 
Minnow

Hi All,

I'm looking to book a weekend charter mid/late September for two.

I'd like to have one day on lake ontario catching salmon or something bigger, and one day catching walleye, but my reading indicates that we're probably just doing walleye by late september - so assuming I'm just looking for accomodations for the weekend for two, and either one or two days walleye charter (I have a small fishing boat, so a one day would be fine as well, we can use my boat on the second day).

No trophy pressure,just looking to have some fun.

Could I ask for your recommendations on charters, accomodations, and whether we just do walleye or walleye + lake ontario? Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 9:14 am 
Walleye Wisdom

At that time of year you would probably find the walleye charters are looking for fish in Lake Ontario anyway. Get in touch with Joe at PB&J Charters 613-483-8016 or Ed at Chasin' Eyes 905-922-5443

Post subject: Fall walleye charters
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 9:36 am 
Walleye Master

Late sept can be Amazing for walleye on Lake Ontario. Check out the board sponsors especially pbandj or bayofquintecharters as both of these guys are on a strong shoal bite around then.

https://kingstonsportfishing.ca/

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 10:16 am 
Walleye Master

any one of the board sponcers are top knotch and i would go with any or all of them so i sugest you call around find dates and price quotes and take it from there all already reccomended do a great job but so do the others not mentioned already so be like a woman and shop shop shop you have time lol and good luck! Grizz

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 10:45 am 
Walleye

Here you go...

http://seasthedayfishing.com/

He's new to the area.

"(B)e wary of discarding the ancient system where we all have the right to make our own decisions for one in which we all have the right to make each others, in the hope of finding true human fulfillment through “positive” rights to other people’s money and applause?"

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 1:09 pm 
Minnow

Thanks for the help and feedback. I'm booking a weekend package with one of the board sponsors!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:26 am 
Goby

Thanks Billy Dee for the Mention here it is very appreciated.

James Mathias
Sea's The Day Fishing

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:26 am 
Minnow

6 months from my inquiry here, our charter is now over. Thanks to Scott at http://www.westlakewillows.com/charters.html .

The West Lake Willows cottages were bright and spotless. The view from the cottage was fabulous. Scott and Dave were super friendly. And despite absolutely everything conspiring against us (everything. weather, fish, equipment), we still caught our limit. Lunch was great, had a feed of fish right on the boat. Really, everything that could be controlled was perfect despite everything that couldn't be controlled going wrong :).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:58 am 
Walleye Master

I was trying to place who "wheel" was and the day I had you, then I read "everything conspiring against us" and "equipment". Lol. Oh what a day. I won't soon forget that.

Very very glad we manages to get some fish, stay semi dry, and make it back to the dock (lost both my main engine props...yes lost both. No we didn't hit anything. They just fell off "O.F.F" off. Just fell off. Came in on the kicker. Eiya yia yia.

Thanks for the reply and my honour to host you. Glad it worked out ok in the end. Hope to fish with you again under better circumstances.

Scott

West Lake Willows offers 8 cottages and camping at the doorstep of the famous Sandbanks on West Lake.

www.bayofquintecharters.com, www.pictonharbourinn.com, www.westlakewillows.com

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:03 pm 
Minnow

You didn't lose the props. I know exactly where they are. Same place my last anchor was. Mind you, I can't get to it because it's at the bottom of 50 feet of water, but it's not lost :).

Nothing like the sound of an anchor going splash in the water while you stand there with a vacant look as you hold the end of a rope.

In any event, yes, we had a great time and hope to be back. Might even try and coordinate some buddies for later this year.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:49 am 
Walleye Catcher

Achors are cheaper than props, how did they fall off? Was it possible someone was trying to steal them but only loosened them and didn't get them off completley. That's what happened to me at Port Credit a few years ago sleeping in the parking lot. Its a different feeling being out in the lake and looking down and not seeing a prop. Anyway that will be expensive.

www.limestonecityfishingcharters.com
YouTube Jim Lyon Fishing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:37 pm 
Walleye Master

Jim,

Someone must have loosened the nuts off. Not sure who or why but they were loosened. Was an expensive day, that's for sure.

Scott

West Lake Willows offers 8 cottages and camping at the doorstep of the famous Sandbanks on West Lake.

www.bayofquintecharters.com, www.pictonharbourinn.com, www.westlakewillows.com

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:52 pm 
Walleye Master

That is just nasty pool Scott. Sorry to here that someone would stoop to that level. I was just curious though " You didn't happen to forget your Anniversary or a certain some ones birthday did you. I forgot an Anniversary one time and it went down real bad for me buddy... LoL

Fishy Fishy In The Bay, Bite This Line And Make My Day....

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:29 am 
Walleye

I have a trip booked for November 11 and we can not wait
Bay of quinte charters (scott) can wait to hook into some nice eyes

banner ad