Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 4:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:48 am 
Walleye Wisdom

Ya but the problem with running them over its having some jerks line all wound up in the prop like I did a couple weeks ago. It took 45 mins of prime fishing time to get it off.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 4

Post subject: Re: Shore fishermen
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:50 am 
Walleye Wisdom

In every group whether it be Boaters or shore anglers you get morons, but If your leaving your line unattended and bbqing, then im going to pull your line in! I dont think we need to blow our horn and yell to tell someone to real it in, its only 25-30' wide. If you cant see the paying customers of there marina in a boat, theres something wrong!! WALLEYE 9 .... I love the 8O DUMB look when someone is stairing right at your boat and they dont real there line up. Then you yell to them...... 8O and they still dont real it up!!!! :evil:

Im a very avid ANGLER and it was pathetic the way some people are. Respect does go both ways (and Of course i would still stop in the channel if a guy was fighting a fish)................But when your cutting hooks out of your canvas, cleanin spawn bags splatted all over your boat, and spending a half hour cutting braided, mono, swivels, hooks off your prop........your not going to much from me!!!

We are the ones that could end up with a big bill from the mechanics. I know The marina has called the cops there numerous times due to property damage from people, so If you feel the need to chuck cleos at me, then go ahead, i prefer the red and gold one its my favourite!! :D :D I pulled my boat a few weeks ago and as well as numerous others because of all the "dock creatures" coming in there, which leads to loss of profits for the marina! Anyways im done blabbing........... Port Hope is an awesome fishing spot and its been red hot the last week!!! I didnt realize how many browns were around!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:55 pm 
Walleye Angler

Actually its against the law to restrict the free flow of boat traffic and you know if someone complains enough they won't seek out offenders they'll just shut it down for everybody so its in everybody's best interest to promote keeping the peace.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:56 pm 
Minnow

The Fish and Wildlife Conservation Act states:
Obstruction of hunting, trapping or fishing

13. (1) A person shall not interfere with lawful hunting, trapping or fishing by,

(a) tampering with traps, nets, bait, firearms or any other thing used for hunting, trapping or fishing;

(b) placing himself or herself in a position, for the purpose of interfering, that hinders or prevents hunting, trapping or fishing; or

(c) engaging in an activity, for the purpose of interfering, that disturbs or is likely to disturb wildlife or fish.

This means it is technically illegal for you to drive through someone's line if they are lawfully fishing...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:50 pm 
Walleye Master

So, if it's illegal to obstruct boat traffic, and it's illegal to obstruct lawful fishing, I guess they need to make a new law against fishing off public boat launches. I honestly don't think this is a common sense issue anymore, it's more off a DUMB A##, ignorant, idiotic and stupid people issue.

P.S
These comments are not directed to anybody personally on this board. Just my thoughts!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:40 am 
Walleye Wisdom

Agreed. Unfortunately these days there seems to be a general lack of respect for others. If there is one thing I got from Sunday school its do onto others as you would have done to you. Good advice for everyone I think.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 4

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:30 pm 
Walleye Master

I should have mentioned this earlier, but I don't fish Lake O, or off the piers, but the experiences I've had were on other lakes with shore fishermen fishing for panfish....YES PANFISH... 8O Which is probably why it bothers me so much.
If I was coming in and seen a guy fighting a 25 pound Salmon, I would sit back, and enjoy the show. 8)

banner ad