Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Salmon?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:47 pm 
Walleye

Steelhead and salmon run! And they are in there now.
Plus the trent and Napanee rivers

Thanks Glenn

Glen Dayton http://www.tyritecustomflyshop.webs.com/
phone # 613-970-3385 or Email glenndayton14@gmail.com

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:53 am 
Walleye Fingerling

Salmon are in Shelter Valley... Half dead by now but they are there, I took a walk down there yesterday and took some nice video... I am waiting on the bow run..

G

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:34 pm 
Guppy

Shelter valley creek is a completely awesome stream for trout and salmon. A lot of private land though. the last time i went there Elmer Fudd came along with a shot gun and told me I had to leave or else. Not kidding, maybe it wasnt really Elmer Fudd , but he looked and sounded just like him. Careful where you go.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:17 am 
Walleye

WalleyeWonder what's wrong for a fellow fisherman to ask? For the most part guys that target trout/salmon know when they are in and what time of year to expect fish in rivers. It's guys trying to get started that don't want to pay $1.35/L for gas and drive 100km+ for nothing hey for the most part no one is asking the hole your fishing just information if fish are moving in rivers and which once get fish.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:32 am 
Walleye

I hear you man but for the most part all the rivers and creeks are put and take fishery and the bigger rivers if they get more guys out fishing hopefully they join some sort or organization and help the future of that water shed even more for future generations to enjoy. Nothing wrong with keeping your favorite spot a secret cheers mate.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:10 pm 
Guppy

I have practised catch and release for years, I also have the mnr on speed dial in 4 different regions to call out snaggers. I am VERY well versed in the streams of port hope and west. As well as north on the escarpment. But here its a little tougher. People like myself could you a few pointers in our new home areas. And yes buy the way I have put on lots of miles looking for good spots over the years, That doesn't mean that one can't help another.
Wanna go steelheading to Ontarios west coast, around lake Huron or Georgian Bay?, I can tell you when to go, what to use, and where to fish. I would be happy to share this with fellow anglers, because thats what we are supposed to do.

Post subject: Salmon?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:12 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

flyfisher5 wrote:
Shelter valley creek is a completely awesome stream for trout and salmon. A lot of private land though. the last time i went there Elmer Fudd came along with a shot gun and told me I had to leave or else. Not kidding, maybe it wasnt really Elmer Fudd , but he looked and sounded just like him. Careful where you go.

That's the newfie lol he's a nice guy but always has guys trespassing and making a mess on his banks so he gets crusty. Mostly private north of the 401 and they do own water rights but if you ask after opener most don't mind you taking a few drifts.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:14 am 
Walleye Fingerling

cantcatchacold wrote:
flyfisher5 wrote:

That's the newfie lol he's a nice guy but always has guys trespassing and making a mess on his banks so he gets crusty. Mostly private north of the 401 and they do own water rights but if you ask after opener most don't mind you taking a few drifts.

I generally fish south of Hwy 2 as North of 2 has barbed wire barriers put up by the golf course (I think) there is another inlet that seems to be a decent spot (West of Shelter Valley) where they have the lamprey electrocution barrier cant remember the name of it for some reason... anyways I have shared some very public and well known spots with you.

G