banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Merland Park
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:22 pm 
Guppy

Booked a fishing trip with Jennifer and Kevin for the end of November. I cant wait to go out with them and get a taste of the lake late in the year. Ive heard there coming in now, and a few nice fish have been caught. Taking the kids with me and hoping to see them have a great time.

Anyone been out with the Merland Park crew late in the season and had "luck"?

Post subject: Re: Merland Park
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:24 pm 
Guppy

Well lots look and nobody comments. Not a real productive site for information.

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:41 pm 
Walleye Master

Most of us are boat owners so no I haven't been out with them. Good posts. Quality member

https://kingstonsportfishing.ca/

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:41 am 
Walleye Master

Big Mac pretty well nailed it ........ 90 % are boat owners or know people with boats so dont have to pay for a charter.......... I guess you might look at it other ways as well maybe lots have been out with merlins and have no report or info to give??? ........... I know Kevin is out most every day the bay is fishable so it tells me he is looking to stay on top of the fish.......... i know you are looking for info here. and its apparent you ddint get what you were looking for but try this in the site surch window just type in merlins park and you will have alot of pages to read going back for years on this site.......... a word of advice past is past and what happened yesterday does not mean the same will follow today or next weekend. fishing here can change by the hour let alone the day . good luck, and happy fishing. hope your trip plays out for you with a happy ending. Grizz

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:05 pm 
Goby

i just spent 3 days at merlands , nice place, the charters have come in with good catches. i did not go with them we had our own boat. it was our first trip and we did not catch fish. but all charters and personal boats are fishing the "reach" exclusivley. i was told a 14lb eye was caught by somebody, we did not see it. we were not prepared to fish deep 40 ft to 60ft. we will try again next year. but if anyone has suggestions to improve our production i'd appreciate it.

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:51 pm 
Guppy

I've got a boat as well. I run a 21' Stratos with a 225 and all the crazy gear as well. My bass boat isn't the best down there but haven't decided if i should upgrade it or not. Yesterday i picked up a couple new 1198 for the boat to upgrade from the 998C. I live in the Kawartha Lakes and fish a ton, for Bass and Muskie. New to Quinte and the bigger Walleye and Salmon fishing so figured I'd do a few charters and see how its done down there..... gear, areas fished , planner boards yada yada. I'd rather not pay the charters but find someone with experience down there and line there pockets. Didn't research it enough so figure ill book in charters till the ice comes in.

Thanks for the input folks, if you know of other charters in the area (good ones) I'd like to fill up the month of December.

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:26 pm 
Walleye Angler

Bay of Quinte charters and pb and j charters are both amazing guides .Both run extremely nice boats and do very good as well. You can find both of their contact Info at the top of the page

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:34 pm 
Walleye Master

Yup pb&j runs till ice. Most pull their boats first of dec. I saw pics last year of him breaking ice out of picton harbor. He knows dec eyes!

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:31 pm 
Guppy

PB&J, i have booked in for December 14. New moon as well.

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:38 pm 
Walleye Master

You won't regret it. Now pray for warm weather lol.

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:46 pm 
Walleye

Joe runs a first class charter and you wont have to worry about being cold in December in his boat. Best of luck - you wont be sorry!!!!

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:00 pm 
Guppy

The cold won't scare me, i work outside all year and cold is preferred over the +30 and humidity. Can wait for the ice fishing season and sled season to begin.
Joe has a onboard heater as well, and i wish i could be out there in the morning but there's only 22 more sleep till the first charter on the 30th.

Ill post pics of both trips, and voice a opinion on our experience.

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:09 pm 
Walleye Master

Haha I meant so there wasn't ice.

banner ad
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:47 am 
Walleye Fry

We stayed at Merland Park for a few days at the end on October ... I have my own boat and we fished by the Plant, Sherman's Point and Thompson's Point our first morning out and got a few....when we came in for lunch, Kevin was just pulling in as well.. he was guiding a father and son from the USA (PA I think) and I saw their fish ...much bigger than ours ! After lunch they took off again in his Tracker and I saw them go around the corner towards the ferry.. and lost sight of them ... my Buddy and I fished just east of the ferry that afternoon and ran into a few sheephead... on our way back Kevin passed us on the way in ..so once again I saw that their boat had walleye..I figured he was down by the bat cave so the next day we made the run to that area and didn't see him at all ...we went all the way to the gap and saw only a handful of small boats ..then towards the end of the day saw a few of the charter boats come in off the big lake from an area west of the gap .... couldn't see any of them till they were on their way in so not sure exact area they were fishing .. sure enough as we were tying the boat up at the dock the Tracker came in with more fish ...I asked the kid where they'd been fishing but he said he didn't know ..he said it was a long, fast, cold run till they started fishing ..I figure they were on Lake Ontario ....hopefully with the colder weather here more fish will be moving in ... I'm not familiar with the lake in that area so I prefer to fish the Bay and it's reaches... I hope to get back this week sometime ..

banner ad
banner ad