banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 1:43 pm 
Walleye

I personally got out to fish three times this week and all three times I had a great time. The first outing was in big bay. My partiner and I managed to land 12 wally's and lost or missed at least the same amount.We were out for only 3&1/2 hours. The hot method was bottoming bouncing off the bottom trolling the A.C. shiner minnow crank bait in 20 to 21 feet of water. On. my second outing I went with a couple of friends and fished off Myers Peir We managed to land 4 wally's and lost 3 in 2 hrs of fishing after dark. The hot lures that night was the silver blue glass shad rap and the siver blue long "A". The last time was Saturday from 9:30 am to 1:30 pm. We found the fish in 14 to 21 feet of water in big bay. This day was dynooooomite.We manage to land 11 real good size wally's and lost 6 We also tied into some pike and a huge sheephead. The lures of the outing were the C.C. shad in blue/chart. and brown/chart.
Looks like Big Bay is on big time finally. It usually is the hot spot for the summer. It has been for the last couple of years so hopefully it is again this year. Well I'm cutting it off now because I'm heading out to fish some more.
Remeber have fun be safe ..........Ron

Post subject: cc shad?
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 9:31 pm 
Guppy

Mr Skevy's I was told that the cc shad sucks big time lol!! ok who has them on the end of there line now!

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 1:36 pm 
Goby

I still run them. my favorite is the blue back/chartruse side/orange belly. I have caught numbers of walleye in the bay with them. They are still working , like 15 years later. Go CC shad!
IW

banner ad
 Post subject: CC Shad
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:49 am 
QUINTEFISHING HALL OF FAME MEMBER

The CC Shad is still a favourite among many anglers, especially a certain Charter Captain, who apparently welds them on in the spring and leaves em on ALL year.

It's one of my favs now and into the summer.

A new favourite that has taken some fish is the TailDancer, works real well all year round.

Hay Bay / Kingston

Manufacturing UZICK Spinners for over 25 Years

banner ad
 Post subject: CC Shad
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:30 am 
Walleye Angler

Hey Superdad, hope you're enjoying the season thus far. I also love to throw a cc shad over the side at times, as we have for the past many years. Seems as the water warms up, those crankbaits heat things up with the walleye. Look forward to a couple trips out off Belleville in the next week or so, working the weedlines. I agree with your comment regarding Tail Dancers, they have fast become my favourite lure for trolling behind planer boards. The past couple years we've taken many more walleyes than in previous years, trolling Tail Dancers almost exclusively. This is a lake near Ardoch where many fisherman have complained the walleye fishing has declined. The 15 to 18 ft. depth they travel at (with a couple split shot) and the Hot Chub/Tennessee Shad colours seem to be the ticket in this stained water lake. Sometimes, a change of tactics is the key. Keep those reports coming guys!

banner ad
 Post subject: love them!!
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 8:15 pm 
Guppy

I've ran them for years!! They work great, but I love to tease Ron!!

banner ad
banner ad