Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Tue Oct 01, 2024 12:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
 Post subject: Green Point
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:15 pm 
Baitfish

Does Anyone know the closest place to Green Point we can park? I have actually been thinking to ask some home owners on Green Point Ln to walk through there property to the lake lol. Id offer to pay of course. Fished the BOQ last year in Trenton. Caught many fish but not the size i was after. I'm looking for big bertha this year!

Post subject: Re: Green Point
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:02 pm 
Walleye

If you have a quad park up top just off 49. Load your gear and drive down green point Lane onto water.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:55 am 
Walleye Master

green point lane is a private drive it is not a road do not just drive down it trust me there is no water access on green point lane unless you think you are going to drive across someone's lawn to get on the ice...... go to quick short road and access there . I repeat do not (NOT) drive down green point lane you will get arrested for being on private property. side note quick short has limited access parking but you can defiantly park on the road and bike down onto the ice, but always watch that ice it is not always safe this year is an exception, not the rule

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:20 am 
Baitfish

Thanks for your help guys. Much appreciated. I wont drive down Green Point Lane if its a private road.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:08 am 
Walleye Wisdom

Grizzly wrote:
green point lane is a private drive it is not a road do not just drive down it trust me there is no water access on green point lane unless you think you are going to drive across someone's lawn to get on the ice...... go to quick short road and access there . I repeat do not (NOT) drive down green point lane you will get arrested for being on private property. side note quick short has limited access parking but you can defiantly park on the road and bike down onto the ice, but always watch that ice it is not always safe this year is an exception, not the rule

Grizzly can u not do a lil sweet talking, or a lil charm to get us fisherman some access over there?? :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:57 am 
Walleye Wisdom

Take Grizz,s word for it if you go down green point lane , the OPP will be there very quickly , been some real ugly scenes this year , home owners are raising a stink and ARE NOT willing to talk :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:06 pm 
Walleye Master

I have the emails to prove it lol

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:41 pm 
Walleye

No parking signs all down quick short road. Is it private or public?? (Even at ice access point)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:43 pm 
Baitfish

Unfortunately, i don't have a sled or or wheeler so i'm walking anywhere i go. I don't know if i want to walk all the way over there from quick short. Oh well, guess i'll try the reach. If Green Point Lane was private, then why is it labelled on every map ive scene? lol. I definitely appreciate you guys telling me about it though, i don't want any trouble, just want to catch some fish.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:58 pm 
Walleye Master

ok quick short road is posted no parking but I would definatly fight that ticket because im sure the owners of the houses had it posted not the county. saying that if its snowing or might snow they can give you a ticket on any road in the county and I mean ANY ROAD because you are making it hard for the plow trucks quick short is plowed by the county this makes it a public road........... GREEN POINT is NOT (NOT) plowed by the county its maintained by the owners of the houses down there this is what makes it private. and I don't even think the county put up the green point lane sign that's also private owned put there by the houses so there friends can find them and for the record I do know the owners on Green point lane trust me they will not give out permission they are very private type people and don't want people there at all hours of day or night using the road they pay to maintain I sure hope this helps guys I would not hesitate to use quick short and fight any ticket I got because county plows the road and people get that free of charge by our tax paying dollars andtry to claim it like they own the road in fact you see the guy parking his trailer there and has a load of cinder blocks this guy used to be connected to the county in an official manor of some sort and thinks he owns the road . (He does not) that's just wrong on so many levels

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:27 pm 
Baitfish

Grizz, i wish i knew you better. You seem to know the bay very well. I'm new as a member, but long time reader of posts on this forum. You are a pretty decent guy to give us viewers the rite information. Do you live near the bay? Thanks again for your input.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:42 pm 
Walleye Master

yes I live in Wellington its not very far from the bay I have fished it from end to end ive made many friends over the years who have fished it much much longer than I have that always helps there is loads of good guys out there and on this board and we all share the same passion and that's fishing to me its easy to share info with other fishermen my pm box gets pretty full sometimes not always easy to keep up to them all but I try, but saying that ive always said most the info is here you just need to get reading anything you might ask is in the pages here lots of great info by lots of great guys I have learned a ton here over the years I wasn't born a walleye fisherman , I was born a trout guy lol just like everyone I had to learn the ropes also

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:35 pm 
Walleye Master

see ya next week ol grizzmeister, what days you have off?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:51 pm 
Walleye

Has anyone made progress with this situation or is it still the same?

Wes

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:04 pm 
Walleye Master

There will be no progress. It is a private road and they call the cops if you don't have permission to be there.

banner ad