banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Wed Oct 09, 2024 1:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:09 pm 
Walleye Angler

Well I will start this post by saying that I got nota.
I took my son Anthony today and the Mux.
We left around 4am and got to the bay @ 730. On the water by 8am as the ramp was held up with boats frozen to the bunks. Way to go Jason. 1.7 mph and 6 minuts later Mux got the first little pig. [Blueberry Muffin]. 14lbs to start the day. 1 .5 hours later again the Mux bell rang, 13lbs and ten minutes later my son hooks his first BOQ Hog! 14lbs. No board straight line hook. YA!!!
Mux line goes off again 7.5 lbs and we are four for four. Oh ya my board triped once but no fish for me. All in all a great day on the bay with Mux and my son.
so that is the story of Mux and the three little pigs, I am sure that if I was not to include the weights of these fish the story could be taken so many other ways.
Snarfy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:04 pm 
Walleye Master

Way to go guys. Those are some HUGE fish!! Do you have any pictures? Would love to see them.

Scott

West Lake Willows offers 8 cottages and camping at the doorstep of the famous Sandbanks on West Lake.

www.bayofquintecharters.com, www.pictonharbourinn.com, www.westlakewillows.com

banner ad
 Post subject: Sharing the experience
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:32 am 
QUINTEFISHING HALL OF FAME MEMBER

Snarfy

When the fishing experience is something to be shared,then a rotation of whose next to fish what ever line goes off. Similar to being on a charter when you take turns with the rods when they fire off.

That way everyone gets to experience the thrill of the fish.

We use this system, when we use planer boards, in the summer we all hold our rods a little tougher to pass the rods around.

Something to consider for the future - when the bite is bite - nobody gets a skunk...

David aka Superdad

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:18 am 
Walleye Angler

David, those are words of wisdom. The rotation of rods to my son maybe an option but Mux passing me a hog is not going to happen.
Scott, we are in the process of getting the pictures down loaded from my son cell phone as the MUX brought a camera with dead batteries. Even the spare batteries were dead! I will post these pics ASAP. I will applogise for the back ground as it is a picture of the MUX holding the hog. The picture of my sons fish,well you have to look past the big smile.
Snarfy

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:47 pm 
Walleye

Hey Snarfy Superdad is right. My fishing partner(letsgofishn) and I always work as a team and we always give the first fish to a guest or the one who hasn't had the experience to fish for monster EYES. And then we take our turn. I actually enjoy setting up rods and clearing lines and most of all netting those big beauties. Good to hear you guys boated some quality fish.........Ps. thanks for the tip on freeing up the steering.

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:58 pm 
Walleye Angler

Sounds like you guys also had a rather productive day( considering conditions).
Maybe if we took your advice about the steering, we could have been fishing alot sooner, but the mornings coffee had not yet run its course.
Good job on boating some Quinte trophies.

I fish cuz it keeps me sane!

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:58 pm 
Walleye Angler

Good to see you boys out there. I will talk to MUX and Mac and inform them of the rule change but I am sure that this wont go over well. Mux is a little bit of a baby when it comes to fishing and he doesn't like to share. I hope to have the pictures soon.
Snarfy

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:57 am 
Jumbo Perch

hopeing to have the pictures up this week boys

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 2:43 pm 
Jumbo Perch

Due to the time that it took me and Snarfy to find a cable to find a cable to upload the picture off of my cell phone we ended up giving up. mainly because the computer was unable to find the proper software for the device and so I found out that when my plan was being updated they forgot to block the internet feature on my cell so when I found out that I had internet I took it upon myself to take a chance and send the pic of my first huge Walleye that I caught for the first but definitely not my last time on Quinte and sent it to my father for him to email it to me so I could put it up as my profile pic on facebook. 8) so without further a due here is the pic of my 14.5lb Walleye that I caught after 4 hours of trolling and patiently waiting while I watched my uncle AKA the MUX catch 3 Walleye before me. So here it is.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

banner ad
banner ad