Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Tue Oct 08, 2024 12:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:59 pm 
Walleye Master

haha that would work to

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 8:59 pm 
Walleye Angler

You guys werent kidding about the low water levels. Im going to have to extend my dock if I want to keep my boat in the water.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 9:19 am 
Walleye

Where my dock goes is dry land! 8O I tried to launch my 16ft princecraft at the launch in our park and didn't even get the lower bunks on the trailer wet trying to launch. Had to put in at Kleinsteuber's.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 12:48 pm 
Walleye

My boat sank Friday night but since there is no water it didn't have far to go before it was on bottom.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 2:35 pm 
Walleye

polliwog wrote:
My boat sank Friday night but since there is no water it didn't have far to go before it was on bottom.

Your the second person I have heard of that had this happen to them there this weekend. Sorry to hear about it.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 3:44 pm 
Walleye Master

Polly. what a bummer bud. sorry to hear that. what on earth caused the sinking?? was it docked ? or were you actually one her when she went under? same thing to you Kris........ wasnt that a new boat for you?

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 12:23 pm 
Walleye

It didn't really sink under it just sank as far as it could tied to the dock with no water under it.

I put it on a bud's dock Friday night for an early start Saturday, The early start turned out to be more like a late start and the boat had water up to the floor. So I got the pump going and bailed it out.

We put the day in with it leaking and bailed it a few times. When I pulled it out I wiped it dry at the plug and I could see water leaking out so it might have all come from a gob of slime or something not making a good seal at the plug, I'll check it out this weekend. There was no damage or anything like that, not a big deal just glad I didn't put it on my dock where it might have had more room under it.

So my opener report ..... Boat sank, got rained on, dodged some lightning, and fell off the boat putting it on the trailer(water is deeper than it looks) and caught one hell of a cold.

My uncle caught 2 nice small eaters, Dad got one and I long released 2. all at the center bar jigging minnows.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 1:51 pm 
Walleye Master

OMG polli sorry but i had to laugh a bit lol now the bad luck is out of the way nothing but smooth sailing all summer lol best check that plug for dry rot brite side to it all..... no crane to get the boat up. ya wernt hit by lightning. you didnt break anything when you fell off the trailer. and you dont need a bath til mid summer. and best part. you cough fish lol .........

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 3:12 pm 
Walleye

Grizzly wrote:
Polly. what a bummer bud. sorry to hear that. what on earth caused the sinking?? was it docked ? or were you actually one her when she went under? same thing to you Kris........ wasnt that a new boat for you?

Grizzly-No my boat didn't sink thankfully. Touch wood! A friend of mine had his boat tied up to a dock on Shebas Island with the stern pointed into the wind overnight. I'm guessing you know what happened after that when the wind kicked up. He said that it filled up with water and was sitting on bottom when he awoke the next day to go out. His also was in shallow enough water that it didn't go over the top. Lesson learned I guess. He got her all pumped out with only minor damage to some electronics. I try not to leave my boat in over night anymore. Incidents like this are one reason, the theft is another. So many scum bags out there that will go through your boat and steal tackle, electronics or whatever else they can get there hands on. I feel much better with the Princecraft covered up either parked in the driveway or on my lot at the trailer.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 7:27 pm 
Walleye

Its OK Grizz LOL I sure did.

I'm the same Kris, my docks awfully secluded so I bring the boat home. Mind you somebody stole the kicker in the back yard.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 3:09 pm 
Walleye

Our park has weekend campers in it pretty much all summer and it seems everytime there are weekenders in the park, stuff goes missing. Lawn chairs, patio lights, tools, fishing equipment, motors, trailers etc.. It sucks because before I leave to go home on Sundays I spend about an hour locking up all my stuff. Every night I lug all my tackle and rods into the shed then lock up the shed like a jail. Alot of effort to keep your things secure.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 6:26 pm 
Walleye Angler

We've been pretty lucky at our park so far.
Wish I could be up there this weekend. Have you guys seen any big pickerel yet?
we caught one 24 inches and just shy of 5 lbs. The biggest ive seen there for sure
I wish I could say I caught it but it was actually my girlfriends friend who is here from Sweden. So I guess Swedish girls and big walleye, You could say my opening weekend was pretty good.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 7:47 pm 
Walleye Master

ya know it really is sad......... I was a Locksmith for 20 years and ive seen alot of stupid stuff and it always amazes me the balls of a thief. Last year a buddy had his kicker motor taken off his boat right there in the channle close the the bait shop in wellington, all I could think was what balls from the guys porch it would have been a great sniper shot had he seen them lol I hear another boat motor was stolen off a tinny Parked in the weeds. I saw that boat and the motor was no great prize didnt even have a cover yet someone actually took the motor.... Just amazing really .... and yer right Charlie I caught a few nice eyes last year in westlake its nice to see some bigger fish in there ive fished westlake 10 years now and have cought hundreds if not thousands of eyes there but usually 17 or 18 inches would be a prize. last year i put few 5 pounders on the boat i figure they are always a few dandys around there just lots of smaller fish willing to take the bait quicker on a troll I cought a few nice ones thru the ice as well tis year.

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 9:40 am 
Walleye

Somebody at the Hideaway used to burgle our canoe every year and we would go burgle it back.

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 7:53 am 
Walleye Master

I think the walleyed assassin did that last year with his duck boat lol

banner ad