Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Wed Oct 09, 2024 9:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Wellington Browns
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 2:18 pm 
Walleye Master

Desided to fish the browns today. didnt know what to expect but figured we have all summer to chase after the walleyes but the window of oppertunity is closing on the spring brown trout trolling game and gerry no stranger to fishing but has yet to put a brown in his boat we figured lets give it a whirl and see how it goes.
After a slow start and one missed fish we finly hit onto a fish and Gerrys prayers were answered with a nice lake ontario brownie.
we passed up and down the shore line and finaly made it back to point a and on the second troll in almost the same spot we hit another fish this time it was my turn to bring in a nice brown making the score 1-1 and pretty much making the day a good one as the weather was beautiful the lake was calm and it wasnt a fluke by only catching one fish .
Couple more hours of trolling water and we called it a good day and headed home whats not to love about a day like today!
Thanks Gerry. as always it was a real pleasure spending time on the boat ... Grizz

Post subject: Re: Wellington Browns
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 5:04 pm 
Walleye Catcher

Glad to see you got into some. Catcher, the monkey is now off your back. Well done.
Sheldon,

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 5:53 pm 
Minnow

Was that you guys out there today also? We were in the tinny. Nice fish guys. It was a great day to be out.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 8:42 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

nice!! good to see there ARE ACTUALLY BROWNS in wellington!!! lol

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 4:48 am 
Walleye Master

yep Freak that was us out there. funny we cought on just as you guys were comming out, and then we cought another just before you guys went back in lol. how did you guys do??

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 9:49 am 
Walleye Angler

Well Chuck as always it was a blast fishing with you today. Time seems to fly by when you are with good company. Now that I got that Brown under my belt lets put some walleye stains on my carpet. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 7:37 am 
Minnow

Grizzly wrote:
yep Freak that was us out there. funny we cought on just as you guys were comming out, and then we cought another just before you guys went back in lol. how did you guys do??

We did manage a few out there. I've seen you a few times out there now.

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 8:02 am 
Walleye Master

Nice fish buddy. very pretty brown for sure thought I saw ya stand up a few times figured you were fighting fish just these old eyes dont see like they used to and I never remember to bring a spy glass out with me lol ..... if you dont mind Im going to forword your fish pic to a friend who is working very closely with the fish guys in charge of stocking he is asking me for pictures to prove to the stocking program that we are in fact catching browns in this area so they will do some more stocking they did stock 10.000 brown fingerlings a little over a month ago and Al VanDusen (Trannyman1) is trying to get this area on a reguler stocking program to better the fishing

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 8:08 am 
Walleye Wisdom

They stocked a pile of browns into millhaven creek,.. but i think they do that every year. oh an were you using boards an spoons to get them... how long of a lead were you running aporx

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 8:15 am 
Walleye Master

yep matt I think they have a stocking program in effect and have a few areas they stock Al is just trying to get this area on the list of stocking areas and the more proof he has that the guys are fishing and catching the more they are willing to keep stocking on a reguler basis

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 8:20 am 
Walleye Wisdom

i hear ya for sure... hopefully they start stocking them heavy again! a fall run of browns in the creeks would be amazing!!! :D

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 9:00 am 
Walleye Angler

That is a nice fish you guys caught there fishingfreak. Was that particular fish a male because both our fish were females. Yours looks a little different color and has a hooked bottom jaw. What a beautiful fish it is in your picture. That was my third time out this spring in my boat and I finally got one into it. Sure felt good to finally catch one of those nice looking browns in my boat finally. Grizz had a feeling when we made the bend on our troll we were going to hook up. And not soon after we were into one. Good luck the rest of the year and keep the pics coming of your fish. :)

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 10:48 am 
Minnow

That one is a male, but most of them are females.

banner ad