Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 7:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 7:39 am 
Minnow

Hi! everyone! I will try to post pictures but have never posted on the board so who knows what will happen. :lol:

What a weekend! My husband and I went to Picton on Saturday and stayed 2 nights at the Picton Harbour Inn and docked the boat only feet away from our room - Sweet! Was out on the water Saturday morning around 7 am (a little late because of the drive). We had our limit of nice size eater by Sunday am but don't get me wrong it wasn't easy - they made us work for them. So by noon on Sunday we thought we would go in for lunch and come back out after supper. By that time we had caught everything from perch to sheepies to pike and of course walleye.

We were back on the water by 5 pm on Sunday - we thought that we would try different things lures, speed, etc. to see if we could catch a monster. Well, it happened!!! :P We were trolling along around 8pm thinking about packing it in for the day. Then all of a sudden the planer board went TOTALLY under. I grab the rod and thought that we had hooked the bottom or a branch or something - My hubby put the boat into neutral because I didn't want to break the line. Then it started to take line and the fight was on. 8O I had to play nice because I only had 8lb test on the rod with no leader and it was a monster. After a good fight up to that point my husband took the planer board off and got the net ready - just in case I won the fight!!! I was fighting and watching the water for a peek at the monster. I saw a dark shadow under the water and thought that it was a big pike like earlier in the day. Then we seen a flash of white and my husband said "My god, it's a walleye" The pressure was on even more because I wanted to landed it in the boat - keeping in mind I only had a 8lb test and no leader. :o . Finally landed it in the boat what a MONSTER!!! It came in at just a little bit over 36" and our new Rapala scale read 7.90 kg (17.4lbs.) Unbelieveable!!!

After I took pictures of my husband with her we put her back in the water and revived her, I thanked her for the honor of the fight and catch, and watched her swim away. Whew!!! Something that I will never forget and will talk about for years.

We are going to Alaska in July and are going salmon fishing on the Kenai and King Crab fishing but I don't think anything will ever top this weekend!!! I hope everyone had a unforgettable weekend and did good. I will now try to post a picture but don't know if I can do it! Thanks to Mama Walleye for the weekend :D

Last edited by The Fishing/UFC Girl on Tue May 22, 2012 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 7:59 am 
Walleye

WOW.....I mean WOW. 36"????17.4lbs????. That is the biggest walleye I have ever heard of. You have to figure out how to post pics of this beast. Congrats on a memorable weekend.

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:07 am 
Walleye Wisdom

yes please post a pic!

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:08 am 
Walleye Master

True Monster for sure!!! Would love to see pics. Congrats.

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:25 am 
Walleye Catcher

Pm your email and I can post the picture for you if you would like

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:55 am 
Minnow

Hi! guys again. I am sorry the picture didn't go through or attach I have been trying and ChugBug262 is trying to help to get the picture posted for me but no luck yet.

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:05 am 
Walleye

We are going to Alaska in July and are going salmon fishing on the Kenai and King Crab fishing but I don't think anything will ever top this weekend!!! I hope everyone had a unforgettable weekend and did good. I will now

you get into a king salmon up there and then compare the fight lol.. congrats on the huge walleye.... awesome fish..

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:20 am 
Site Admin

8O Send me the picture and I will get it up. Congrats on a great fish. Hard to believe a 36" walleye in May

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:57 am 
Walleye

WOW that is awesome! Can't wait to see the pic!!!

Andrew

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:06 am 
Walleye Catcher

:o Good God!!! 36" and 17.4 lbs?!!? That is INCREDIBLE! I dream of fish like that, and to land it on 8lb test?!! You are one lucky fisher-woman, must have played it like a champ! Care to share what the big girl bit on?

merkinbrumsky wrote:
That is the biggest walleye I have ever heard of. You have to figure out how to post pics of this beast. Congrats on a memorable weekend.

x2

I HAVE to see this pic!!

Congrats to you - I'm sure you'll never forget it!

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:13 am 
Walleye Catcher

The Fishing/UFC Girl wrote:
It came in at just a little bit over 36" and our new Rapala scale read 7.90 kg (17.4lbs.) Unbelieveable!!!

I had to check the records http://www.ontariofishing.net/fishrecords.html, 36.5" would be the longest ever in ontario and it's stood since the forties, although you're a bit shy on the weight still. :mrgreen:

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:17 am 
Walleye Fry

Gotta say congrats here as well!!! Also can't wait to see a picture.

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 12:29 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Congratulations , that would be the largest Walleye caught by a QuinteFishing.com board member and most likely the largest caught legaly on the Bay Of Quinte ! :D
You should be proud that you have acheived a goal that many a fisherperson have chased their entire lives , the excitement of that moment will stay with you forever , and don't forget to show your appreciation to your fishing partner handling the boat and netting that monster with all the excitement would have been no easy feat !Be sure to attach your real name with the photo of the Quinte monster as people will be talking about it for a long time and you deserve the recognition that will come with the photo CONGRATS again :D :D

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 1:41 pm 
Walleye Master

I second Bill's (Trophyhunters) sentiment. Congratulations on a fish of a lifetime. I eagerly await the pic's, can hardly wait to see the monster!

[b][color=#00BFFF]Radioworld[/color
Proud Member Of CLOSA
Proud Member of LOTSA
MC Rockets
Atommik Tournament Flies
ITO Flies

The World is all about ass, you either kick it or lick it

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 4:06 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

That is an amazing accomplishment! There are many many people who fish the bay an entire life time without even catching a ten. You absolutely have an PB for the ages! Well done and as with everyone else pics pics pics I have to be honest if I catch one that size its riding shot gun with me all around town showing her off :mrgreen: lol

Sent from my SGH-I717R using Tapatalk 2

Facebook: http://facebook.com/trophywalleye
Twitter: @pbandjcharters

banner ad
banner ad