Tourism
Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat Oct 12, 2024 4:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:03 pm 
Walleye Catcher

Thanks guys, sounds like we are finally getting some where !!!

:)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:31 pm 
Walleye Master

I agree with you Fred. I don't understand why there isn't some kind of law to regulate this. I mean 30 feet to me might be 25 to you, and wise versa, but there should be some kind of except-able ground. I have seen to many "5 pounder's" that are actually 3"s.
Personally i find wake to me more of a problem, i hate getting rocked by 2-3 foot waves, because some one didn't slow down.

In Ontario, there is a shoreline speed zone which restricts all power-driven vessels to 10 km/hr (6 mph) or less within 30 metres (100 feet) of shore. This restriction does not apply:
in buoyed channels and canals
on rivers, or sections of rivers less than 100 metres in width
to vessels towing a person on water-skis or any similar equipment provided the vessel operates perpendicular to the shore, or is operated within a buoyed area where such operation is permitted.

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:43 pm 
Walleye Angler

I drive a red Triton. I passed by your Ranger in Picton Bay just before 2PM, going 50Mph at an honest 150 yards to your port on my way to a piece of shoreline about 1km south of where we passed.

Are you talking about me?

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:50 pm 
Baitfish

Matt maybe Bifffff needs something to complain about, or maybe he needs some rubber boots and a lawn chair for shore fishing.

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:37 pm 
Walleye Catcher

I don't know the make or model, it was "on me" before i even knew it/you were there. Thanks for the acknowledgement, but 150 yards ? nice try.

There is a whole bay out there, i am sitting on a shore line still fishing, there is 2 1/2 miles of water with no boats around. judging by where you were, you were running right along the weed line at 50 MPH certainly not 150 yards, if that was you. If it was 150 yards, I certainly would not have said anything and others would not be complaining.

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:09 am 
Walleye Angler

Usually guys go fishing to get away from the bitching and complaining, seems to be more and more of these threads on here, crying about other boats, guys at boat launches.....life is to short just grab your rods and enjoy it. If you can't, stay home and let others.

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:16 am 
Walleye

after reading this and seeing what people are saying i think its time to chime in:

1) i own a bass boat, and with only being a 17foot one at that with a "monster" 100 hp, im not breaking any speed records, thought it does top out at 51.3 mph according to the GPS, i do not use it as an advantage to "buzz" by other boaters

2) people need to relize as someone else said that bass boats do give off alot less wake then any kind of tin, cruiser, yaht, or housboat due to it has less boat in the water, such as how they are built, as well if the boat isnt on plane, there is little vison over the top of the boat until it comes out of the hole, so either suck it up and take a lil boat rockin action or get devoured by a bassboat on mid plane...your choice

3) as a spring time walleye guy, and summer bass guy, i have been busted off by many 12 footers with 9.9 while walleye fishing, and also busted off by guys in powerboats that are out their for the opener, so here we are "sterotyping" the wrong people

4) you knew it was opening day of bass, and like every other lake in ontario (and like the walleye opener) that weekend their is ALWAYS 150 percent more boat traffic then on any other given day, as well their is always a tournament on opening day for bass, which "most" angerls that fish bass have higher powered/bigger boats/motors, so of course theres gonna be guys wheeling around the bay at higher speeds as they are not trolling for eyes/pike/bass they are getting to "the spot" before the other guy

5) do you REALLY think someone is going to on PURPOSE put his own life, his partners life, your life, others lives, and their/your expensive boat in a situation that they do not want to get into? really now tnink about that

everone needs to use common sense on here. play nice or get outta the sandbox

Marco

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:47 am 
Walleye Master

so many good points here on so many levels thats the true beasuty of a forem or a place like this if it teaches just one person its worth the efforts from everyone who has made a post.... we see it every place on a daily basis lets face it guys stupid is as stupid does. Another thing we must realize is some people just dont care and do as they please, when and how they please and nothing will change that or change them and the way they think or DONT THINK! One thing im sure of is if you spend enough time on the water you will see it all, spend time on the 401 same thing, or a ski slope, a park, a boat launch you name it put in time you will see it all, the good, the bad, and the ugly ... the in experianced need to gain experiance by doing, and learning, the experianced know or should know better but many dont or just dont give a flyin flip. this thread can run on for months, and months and no one is right and no one is wrong they just call it as they see it and not everyone will see it exactly the same just some have more tollerance than others.

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:57 am 
Site Admin

Well said Grizz. Its clear that its not the type of boat a person drives but how they chose to drive the boat they have. This could go on forever, so to save us all the misery I'm going to lock it down and ask that we all keep this post in mind when we are out on the waterways and keep our fellow Anglers in mind as we approach

banner ad
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
banner ad