Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 4:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Lund...
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:46 pm 
Walleye

If you weren't restricted to Lund I'd get a Starcraft Superfishermen. That's what I'll be getting next. Lund's reputation doesn't seem to be quite what it used to be. Older ones were built to last...but the new ones I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:44 pm 
Walleye Master

merkin, if I didn't fish bass, or back northern lakes, I'd already have went with the starcraft superfisherman.

i believe it is the best big water aluminum boat made for its size.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:39 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Guys,

I'm just finishing my 16th year of enjoying my Lund Pro-V. I'm out every weekend including all of my summer holidays. The boat does not have one leaky rivet. On top of that I get great complements every time I'm out in the boat.

Lund has so many models, but the Pro-V Series goes through rough water like it was a 4x4. My neighbor has 1700 Pro Angler Deluxe which looks similar to my boat. It can not tolerate much of of a wave over a foot. The boat ponds the crap out of you. My 18 ft Pro-V with it's double plated deep V hull can go through 3 foot waves no problem.

Of course a 20 foot Ranger can do it too. (but too much Ca-ching)

If you can, take a test drive of your boat choice on a day with at least a 2 foot chop . That will separate the men from the boys. Then you can make a good decision, Lund or not.

Good Luck with your choice,
BATMAN 8)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:52 pm 
Walleye Angler

Whatever may be your decision, it may be wise to test the open market for both of your boats ASAP! If either boat sells in a private sale, you will have more options in terms of make/model/hp.

Personally (right now) for what we do; I would never go to a tin'r. Stratos Evo 201, Ranger z520, Triton tr-21 HP.

I've been in you exact position and I chose a path which best suited where I was in life.(and it wasn't the 'lofty' above suggestions)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:18 am 
Walleye

Contact muskymike -lund rep and well versed on them. (he has an internet page)
bill

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:45 am 
Walleye Wisdom

Thanks again everyone...I appreciate the responses.

cheers

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:53 am 
Walleye

SIT DOWN,SHUT UP,& HANG ON,don,t sell your boat,you will regret the loss of speed!!! :lol: 8O :o :geek: :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:37 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

When you have the speed, then you lose it, it will be a major disappointment. If you go to a slower boat you will feel like you are driving down the lake dragging an anchor. I know the main object of a boat is to fish out of it. If you currently enjoy the excruciation of speed in your boat, your will want if back. I agree with others, don't sell your boat.

I'll trade my slow Aluminum boat for yours if you want. lol (Just kidding!) I love my Lund.

BATMAN 8)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:42 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

HAHAHahaha....thanks Batman!

Well once again I've changed my mind; thanks Rocket...the wife will be calling ya! ;)

I'm leaning towards keeping the BB and selling the Lund. If I do, I'm going to upgrade the Fury from the 25 Merc 4S to the max 40 Merc 4S to help with resale. I've been told this is best and I can upgrade for an extremly great price.

I'm sure though, once it's in my driveway, I'll want to keep both.

Again, thanks everyone for your replies...amazing site, people here and am appreciative.

Cheers,

Paul

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:16 pm 
Walleye Angler

When we were looking, we looked at Lunds and at Princecrafts.......unfortunately my favorite Princecraft of all time (the Pro 196) isn't made any more. Found Lunds to be way overpriced for what you get, and Princecrafts seem to be a lot of nose and not much back.

We ended up buying a 2011 186 SmokerCraft last year, beautiful interior, great finish, nice and dry, stable ride. A Lifetime hull warranty is a lifetime hull warranty, no matter what make you buy. Had to special order the motor, though (150 4-stroke Yamaha), 'cause we didn't want a Merc. Top speed with all the fat guys in it (except for Mac and I, we're svelte and sexy and ***) is about 50mph.

If you're going to buy a boat for walleye fishing, make sure you get one with a walk-through windshield and full canvas. Those weird waves you're bound to hit in November, December, January can get damned cold. We all smile every time spray hits the windshield.

Paid extra for a canvas extension (custom made) that extends the roof all the way back over the motor so that the two guys that sit in the back don't whine when it's raining. No good for casting or jigging, but when trolling in the drizzling rain in late November, it can't be beat.

I think that the "Fully Loaded" is one purty boat. Unfortunately, the sucker don't fit in the garage, it's too wide. No more hopping in and out of it when it's on the trailer, too tall.

For urine purchase call 1-800-MUX-URIN

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:16 pm 
Walleye Angler

Sell that LUND!!!!

Colin Friel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:32 pm 
Guppy

Hi,
New to the board, though I have been reading it for years. Good fishermen on this site.

I have a Lund 1810 Predator:
115 mercury opti
80 lb minkota bow mount 24 volt
6 hp Johnson kicker when required
Lowrance hd 8 & 5
Built a two foot (approx) extension to the front deck with storage underneath
Mounted Bert track system rail both sides at back for down riggers and holders

Love the boat! The boat will go 42-45 mph. It's very versatile. I fish alone a lot and I can launch this boat at the worst launches by myself. Fish for salmon and BOQ Walters or back lakes for bass, troll for muskie, etc. I have Velcro rod straps for the deck. Everything is stored strategically for weight and abuse. I store tackle in crappy tire double latch small truck boxes, three fit perfect in mid compartment, one under console, and one goes under deck extension. That's five decent sized fully waterproof storage compartment (because Lund compartments dont stay dry). Two rod lockers. Fishes two on front deck np. Boat handles well and very economical. It's the little big boat. Has a huge live well, a little shallow though. I used to fish tourneys with my bud, he has 20 foot nitro 225 merc. No comparison nitro blows the Lund away for ride, speed, wind, deck space, etc. Economics, versatility, trolling, price tag, towing, fuel, Lund wins.
I will have my Lund for the rest of my life if I don't crash it :D.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:57 am 
Walleye Wisdom

Thanks Luco and welcome to the board.

You're the first I've heard that has the Predator and thanks for the review. Very informative and useful!

Cheers,

Paul

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:40 pm 
Walleye Master

Welcome Luco, nice write up about the Predator. They look beautiful. If I had choice, I'd have either the Predator or a Pro Guide.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:35 pm 
Walleye Master

i was looking at the predator....before i reno'd my pro guide.

little wider causing for extra horsies and the shallow livewell was the only downfalls I could find.

solid boat!

banner ad